Home > Haab's Restaurant
Established in 1934 by Oscar and Otto Haab, this venerable restaurant is a tradition in downtown Ypsilanti. There has been a bar and eatery at this location, in continuous operation, ever since the 1850's. Some of the existing wall, which once divided the women and men’s sections of the saloon, can still be seen. Check out the pressed tin ceiling and the massive, 30-foot African Mahogany bar manufactured by Brunswick-Balke-Collendar Company. Both were added during a 1906 renovation.
Décor and history aren't the only reasons to visit--sample bread baked from scratch, mayonnaise prepared from fresh eggs and soup seasoned from Haab’s own simmering stock made with dry aged U.S.D.A. Prime beef.
© SWMPC | 376 West Main Street Suite 130 | Benton Harbor, MI 49022-3651 | 269.925.1137