Home > Wesley United Methodist Church
This handsome Italianate style church, whose cornerstone was laid in 1862, may have been designed by architect Rufus Rose of Chicago who also created several other Niles churches in the 1800s. But the church's roots go even further back in time to 1832 when nine worshipers formed the Methodist class that would become the Wesley United Methodist Church. Their first house of worship was dedicated in 1839 and in 1863, the current church was completed. The Dodge Brothers of motor car fame worshipped here during the 28 year tenure of Joseph S. Tuttle, the Sunday School Superintendent. In 1920, John F. Dodge gave Tuttle a life lease to his home on Main Street in thanks for his teachings.