Home > Michigan and Ohio Railroad Depot
The Stick Style depot in Moscow is still an attractive building and it is easy to see how it was considered to be "quite an ornament to the place," according to the contemporary account in the Hillsdale Standard. The depot, which had two rooms, handled mail, freight and passengers for the four trains that passed through each day on the Michigan and Ohio Railroad's Allegan-Toledo Line (two trains carried freight and two carried passengers). The railroad was purchased by the Cincinnati, Jackson and Mackinaw Railroad in 1997 which also obtained the depot. Through the years, other companies would own the railroad until the line was shut down in 1930. Three years later, the building became the Moscow Township Hall.